The Fox’s Keyword To Cash Contest Rules
The Fox’s Keyword to Cash! Starting September 16 through October 11, listen weekdays 9am to 6pm, up to twice a day, for the “Keyword to Cash” Keyword. When you hear it you will have 10 minutes to go to 1069thefox.com/cash, and correctly enter the Keyword. One entry per email address is permitted, per contest round. All entrants must register with the uPickem contest system and provide his or her first name, last name, email address, postal code, birthdate and phone number, cell phone preferred, in order to participate. If an entrant is generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated means, the station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion and/or use another means to determine the winner. Entrants will have the opportunity to select the “remember me” function for future contest plays.
WAFX will conduct this contest concurrently and simultaneously with other affiliated radio stations, and in various states. Listeners of WAFX will, therefore, be competing with listeners of other radio stations to win the same prize. One entry will be chosen at random in each round to win one thousand dollars. The phone number from the chosen entry will be called and the reaction recorded for broadcast. If unable to speak with the contestant who was chosen to win, 5 minutes from the time the contestant’s cell number is dialed, then the $1,000 prize will be forfeited and another random entry will be chosen with the same procedure until a winner is determined. Prize will be available within 10 business days.
WAFX contests are open to all eligible Virginia and North Carolina residents who live or work within 75 miles from our offices, 18 or older have not won anything on WAFX in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
Employees of WAFX, Tidewater Communications, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., its subsidiaries their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WAFX main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WAFX radio and on the WAFX.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WAFX” means Tidewater Communications LLC, which owns WAFX radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WAFX contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WAFX you must not have won anything on WAFX in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WAFX studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WAFX contest your voice, name and/or picture may be
used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WAFX reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WAFX studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WAFX delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WAFX awarding the prize to the winner. WAFX shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WAFX shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WAFX contests are open to all eligible Virginia and North Carolina residents who live or work within 75 miles from our offices and are 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WAFXthat will be presented to WAFXand accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WAFX Tidewater Communications LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WAFXmain studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WAFX studios, 870 Greenbrier Circle, Suite 399, Chesapeake, VA 23320, between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WAFX reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12.WAFX, Tidewater Communications LLC ,its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WAFX Tidewater Communications LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WAFX reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WAFX management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WAFX reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (757) 523-1010. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WAFX has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WAFXshall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on WAFX com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WAFX
as defined at the exclusive discretion of WAFX management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WAFX’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WAFXcontests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WAFX studios 870 Greenbrier Circle, Suite 399, Chesapeake, VA 23320.
SAGA OFFICIAL TEXTING GUIDELINES
Here are our rules for our text messaging program and are part of our rules governing contesting and privacy. Messages sent to and from106.9 The Fox are identified by the SHORTCODE, 77000. Messages may contain a sponsor message. No purchase is necessary, but standard text message rates apply. You can opt out of messaging by texting “stop” to 77000. If you opt out and then enter another text contest, you must to opt out again. You can enter contests with keywords, which will change regularly. Keywords will be announced on-air and/or on the website and/or in an email blast and/or texted to those signed up to receive texts. Eligibility requirements apply. In case of a dispute, our decisions are final. We may disqualify ineligible entrants or those who tamper with the entry process. We are not responsible for any factor affecting the availability or performance of the text messaging service. We may cancel or modify the contest or provide an alternate prize.