News

Aaron Rodgers breaks left collarbone

Aaron Rodgers breaks left collarbone

Green Bay, WI, USA; Chicago Bears defensive end Shea McClellin (99) and cornerback Isaiah Frey (31) sack Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) in the 1st quarter at Lambeau Field. Photo: Reuters/Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports

(Reuters) – Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers confirmed on Tuesday that he has a broken left collarbone but does not have a timetable for his return.

Rodgers suffered the injury when he was sacked by Chicago Bears defensive end Shea McClellin on the first series in Monday night’s loss at Lambeau Field.

“I have a fractured collarbone, and we have not talked at all about a timetable or anything,” Rodgers said on his ESPN Milwaukee radio program.

“We’re still going through the process of testing, but we do know that the collarbone is fractured and we still have not talked about or discussed any long-term prognosis.”

Early reports that he had sustained a small fracture on his non-throwing side estimated he would be sidelined at least three weeks.

Rodgers said he has been a fast healer from past injuries but would likely have to wait for the bone to heal from what he described as “a significant injury.”

The three-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl most valuable player in 2011 said he would undergo additional tests and know more about his outlook later this week.

The Packers (5-3), in a three-way tie for first in the NFC North, host the Philadelphia Eagles (4-5) on Sunday.

Recently Played

Recent News

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.