News

‘Duck Dynasty’ star suspended for anti-gay slurs

‘Duck Dynasty’ star suspended for anti-gay slurs

'DYNASTY': This 2012 photo released by A&E shows, from left, Phil Robertson, Jase Robertson, Si Robertson and Willie Robertson from the A&E series, "Duck Dynasty." Photo: Associated Press/A&E, Zach Dilgard

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The patriarch of A&E’s popular reality series “Duck Dynasty” is in trouble with the network for making anti-gay remarks in the January edition of GQ magazine.

Phil Robertson was asked his definition of sinful behavior. Robertson said that gays are sinners, like adulterers and swindlers.

He said, “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there,” such as bestiality.

The TV star, who also helps to run a multi-million dollar family duck hunting business, also told GQ he could not understand why a man would sleep with another man, instead of a woman.

He added, “There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying?”

A spokesman for the Gay And Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) has condemned his remarks, insisting they are “some of the vilest and most extreme statements uttered against LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual amd transgender) people in a mainstream publication.”

A&E says Robertson is on an indefinite hiatus following his comments about gays.

In a statement yesterday, A&E said Robertson’s beliefs are personal and don’t reflect the views of A&E or the show itself.

Recently Played

Recent News

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.